Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Network and ATT U-Verse

I currently have an ATT 2WIRE router operating as a modem and connected to my Aiport Extreme. This enables me to use Apple products like Apple TV and Airport Express(s) to extend my network. My question is.... "Can I do the same thing with the new ATT U-Verse Router?" or... will I lose my Apple home network?. If I convert to the U-Verse router, will I loose the functionality of Apple TV and my Express(s)?

Airport Extreme-OTHER, iOS 5.0.1, "N" networking on ATT

Posted on May 23, 2013 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 9:49 AM

I am not sure what you would hope to gain by converting to the Uverse router, since the AirPort Extreme delivers better performance.

You would also have to go through the process of reconfiguring all of your devices to connect to the Uverse network.

This seems to be one of those cases where the fact that you can do something does not mean that you should do something.

Maybe we are missing something that we do not detect in your post, but when things are working, leaving well enough alone makes a lot of sense for most users.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2013 9:49 AM in response to byph

I am not sure what you would hope to gain by converting to the Uverse router, since the AirPort Extreme delivers better performance.

You would also have to go through the process of reconfiguring all of your devices to connect to the Uverse network.

This seems to be one of those cases where the fact that you can do something does not mean that you should do something.

Maybe we are missing something that we do not detect in your post, but when things are working, leaving well enough alone makes a lot of sense for most users.

Airport Extreme Network and ATT U-Verse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.