Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 5 (A1429 GSM) support LTE in USA?

Hey,

I have the iPhone 5 A1429 GSM model and i am moving to the US in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if my phone will support LTE in the states or if LTE is only available with the CDMA model.

Hope somebody can help out! Thanks 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on May 23, 2013 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 4:19 PM

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The A1429 GSM model will not work with AT&T's or T-Mobile's LTE network in the U.S., but it should work with their 3G network.

4 replies

May 24, 2013 11:20 AM in response to Alexxx16

You're welcome

The link provided answers the question. You can't switch an iPhone activated with a GSM carrier to a CDMA carrier.

If having LTE network access is a must have, sell the existing iPhone and use the proceeds to purchase an iPhone in the U.S. with ATT and Verizon having the largest LTE network. T-Mobile here just started rolling out their LTE network.

Does the iPhone 5 (A1429 GSM) support LTE in USA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.