Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open winmail.dat files?

How do I open winmail.dat files

MacBook Air

Posted on May 23, 2013 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 9:38 PM

I've found this workaround: If you Save the winmail.dat file with .pdf on the end, then you can Open that Saved file with Preview. A bit of a drag having to Save the File but this method is free, it works, and luckily I only have one emailer who uses winmai.dat. If I had heaps using it I would probably buy an App.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2013 9:38 PM in response to Capt. Lee

I've found this workaround: If you Save the winmail.dat file with .pdf on the end, then you can Open that Saved file with Preview. A bit of a drag having to Save the File but this method is free, it works, and luckily I only have one emailer who uses winmai.dat. If I had heaps using it I would probably buy an App.

Oct 3, 2013 5:04 AM in response to Capt. Lee

Depending on how many emails you get with winmail.dat attachments may I suggest my products:

Letter Opener Pro is integrated right into Mac OS X Mail and Microsoft Outlook 2011 and converts these files seamlessly in the background.

Letter Opener Lite is a standalone App to convert winmail.dat.

Cheers,

Christopher

“I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link." <Edited by Host>

Jan 15, 2014 7:36 AM in response to Capt. Lee

If WINMAIL.DAT files are showing up from only one or two PC users, ask them to delete you (or your email address) from their CONTACTS folder. This worked for me - I had one person whose emails converted everything to unopenable WINMAIL.DAT files. Tried changing this email settings to Plain Text, but that did nothing.

Once he terminated me from his CONTACTS program, no problema.

Guessing the MS CONTACTS program automatically converts attachments .....

How do I open winmail.dat files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.