Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync options changed in iTunes 11-no sync of contacts?

It seems like iTunes doesn't support to sync contacs and calendars directly from a Mac to an iPhone 4, only via iCloud

Problem:

- iMac (10.6.8) with music, videos, apps, contacts and calendar.

- iTunes 11.0.3

- New iPhone 4

- first sync.

Result: everything synced right except for contacts and calendar. No entries on the iPhone. I tried various times. My explanation: The new iTunes 11.03 changed the sync options for contacts and calendar. I can't select or deselect the sync and the textbox now says iTunes always syncs them via iCloud.

As the iMac doesnt sync to iCloud because of OS 10.6.8 (right?), there seems to be no way to sync the contacts to the iPhone without upgrading the system. Am i right? This seems like such a big usability fail (neither contacts nor calendar on the iphone!) that i can't believe it's true. Everything used to work perfectly until iTunes 11. Am I missing something obvious? Can someone please give me a hint?

Thank you!

Marc

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iTunes 11.03

Posted on May 23, 2013 4:54 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2013 5:59 PM in response to mzo16

As the iMac doesnt sync to iCloud because of OS 10.6.8 (right?)

Correct. Minimum requirements for a Mac to enable iCloud is v10.7.4 or later.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

Snow Leopard v10.6 has never been an option for iCloud.

Information for upgrading to Mountain Lion here > Apple - Upgrade your Mac to OS X Mountain Lion.

Sync options changed in iTunes 11-no sync of contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.