Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortly after loading,the latest version,downloaded and installed here 5/22/13, reports an error with ntdll.dll forcing a shutdown. Apple's temporary work around works for me; launch Itunes while first pressing and holding CtrlShift keys ...

This startsitunes in it's own "safe mode", allowing normal functions.

ITunes-OTHER, Windows XP Pro

Posted on May 23, 2013 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 5:12 PM

By running in safe mode the plug-ins are not running. The issue may be caused by a plug-in.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3430 gives instructions on how to manage/troubleshoot 3rd part plug-ins.

Try the knowledge base and let us know.

2 replies

May 23, 2013 6:07 PM in response to YJGJammed

Unfortunately, no plug-in caused my problems.I removed them and restarted,then launched Itunes in normal mode . It promptly crashed, as usual. I further unloaded Google Play and Music Manager thinking of a conflict here, with no improvement. Apple has a problem with it's code; GET TO WORK and EARN YOUR BIG SALARIES!!!

Shortly after loading,the latest version,downloaded and installed here 5/22/13, reports an error with ntdll.dll forcing a shutdown. Apple's temporary work around works for me; launch Itunes while first pressing and holding CtrlShift keys ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.