Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create custom titles in iMovie '11?

Hi, I am a novice at iMovie '11 but I am wondering if there is a way to create a custom title? I want to display a lot of text to remain on the screen. The closest I can find is "Far Far Away" but that scrolls too fast to read IMO. Or is there a way to slow scroll speed?

Thanks for any help! 🙂

iMac

Posted on May 23, 2013 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 8:21 PM

You can slow down the speed of Far Far Away (or any title) by making the Title last longer. A title that is 10 seconds long will go by slower than the same title at 5 seconds long.

Another way to create custom titles is to create the title in Apple's Keynote app, and then export it as a QuickTime file that can be used in iMovie. Here is a sample of a title created in Keynote using a green background. I then imported to iMovie as a greenscreen clip

Finally, Apple's Motion app allows you to create custom titles. Motion is tightly integrated with Final Cut Pro X. It can be used to create movies that can be imported to iMovie, but if you have Final Cut Pro, you can create a custom title in Motion and then use it over and over again in FCPX and change parameters, insert text, etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2013 8:21 PM in response to Icelyn

You can slow down the speed of Far Far Away (or any title) by making the Title last longer. A title that is 10 seconds long will go by slower than the same title at 5 seconds long.

Another way to create custom titles is to create the title in Apple's Keynote app, and then export it as a QuickTime file that can be used in iMovie. Here is a sample of a title created in Keynote using a green background. I then imported to iMovie as a greenscreen clip

Finally, Apple's Motion app allows you to create custom titles. Motion is tightly integrated with Final Cut Pro X. It can be used to create movies that can be imported to iMovie, but if you have Final Cut Pro, you can create a custom title in Motion and then use it over and over again in FCPX and change parameters, insert text, etc.

Create custom titles in iMovie '11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.