Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple tv shuts on and off when connected to the internet

my apple tv works fine when not connected to the internet but once i connect either thru wifi or hard wired it shuts on off someone please help me

Apple TV

Posted on May 23, 2013 6:17 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2013 6:50 AM in response to itsNore

Hey itsNore,

It sounds like you're primarily having difficulty with your Apple TV on a wireless network. The following article covers that issue in depth:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

The whole article is useful and I would give it all a read-through, but I pasted the "Network troubleshooting" section below for quick reference:

If you're not able to associate with a wireless network:

• Check the IP address Apple TV is using. If it starts with 169.x.x.x, then the router or base station may not be configured properly. Check to see if DHCP access is available or configure Apple TV with a manual IP address.
  • If DHCP is available, go to Settings menu, select General then Network and Configure TCP/IP. Make sure the Apple TV is set to Automatic.
  • Check for any obstructions and adjust the location of the base station and/or Apple TV if necessary.
  • If security is enabled on the network, temporarily disable it on the base station and try connecting again.

You can also check the following articles to see if any apply to your network:

Hope that helps,
David

my apple tv shuts on and off when connected to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.