Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reduce Notification popup display time?

I have Notifiation center set to show banners. When I get a notification, an alert (pop up) appears in the upper right of the screen. The alert hangs around for a while. Seems like every time one of these displays, I need access to the area it is covering. But I have to wait for the popup to hide.

Is there a way to reduce the time that these alerts are visible?

Also, is it possible to have notifications cleared out after x number of days?

Posted on May 23, 2013 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2013 7:47 AM

Hi 4thSpace,

The information below explains all of the available options for Notifications.

Mac Basics: Notification Center

You have the option of reducing the number of notifications you receive to 5 or 1.

You can't control how long the notification is on your screen, but you do have the ability to dismiss it:

Tip: To dismiss an Alert or Banner without interacting with it, place the cursor over the banner and use a two finger swipe to the right.

I hope this information helps ...

- Judy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2013 7:47 AM in response to 4thSpace

Hi 4thSpace,

The information below explains all of the available options for Notifications.

Mac Basics: Notification Center

You have the option of reducing the number of notifications you receive to 5 or 1.

You can't control how long the notification is on your screen, but you do have the ability to dismiss it:

Tip: To dismiss an Alert or Banner without interacting with it, place the cursor over the banner and use a two finger swipe to the right.

I hope this information helps ...

- Judy

How to reduce Notification popup display time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.