Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up disk full?

Hi -- suddenly getting message that my start up disk is full. Surprised and now realize data (photos etc) is being stored on my HD startup rather than my 1TB hard drive. What's the easiest way to shift these as I don't 'see' the TB drive in Finder. Thx

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 250 GB HD startup with 1TB

Posted on May 23, 2013 11:06 PM

5 replies

May 24, 2013 3:04 PM in response to WZZZ

Thanks for the quick response. Now have the TB drive --- dropped off files from the start-up drive and then followed instructions on a related link to try to shift my itunes (large library) to the TB drive --- for some reason despite the redirect (under preferences) it's still showing on the HD. Think I'm being dense, but can't seem to move those files. Thanks!

May 24, 2013 4:31 PM in response to Dan Toole

Did you follow the directions here?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itunes/2011/02/how-to-move-your-itunes-librar y-to-another-hard-drive.html

In particular, did you take this step?

Finally, when the copying is done, delete the files from their original location.

When you do that, you will have the extra space you need on the startup disk.

May 26, 2013 3:50 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

Many thanks! Great. Trying another. I moved my iPhoto library as well -- but it's still showing on my start-up disk. The only place I still 'see' the files is in the view 'all my files' in the finder. So -- does 'all my files' show the old iPhoto library or is 'all my files' also reading from my 1T partition? I think only the start up....but realize I don't know and don't want to delete if it is reading my other hard drive. Thanks!

Start up disk full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.