Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted iphotos do not go in trash\, deleted iphotos do not go in trash

I'm trying to free up some space by deleting my photo albums (19,607 photos) and for some reason the photos do not get deleted.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 24, 2013 7:05 AM

4 replies

May 24, 2013 9:28 PM in response to marinellyp

I'm trying to free up some space by deleting my photo albums (19,607 photos)

Deleting an album will not delete the photos - that is as it is supposed to be. The same photo can be used in many albums for different purposes without requiring much extra disk space. Albums are used to group your photos temporarily in different ways for different purposes. Deleting an album will not delete the photos from the events, only remove the album, but deleting a photo from an event wildd delete it from your iPhoto library and remove it from all albums.

Léonie

May 25, 2013 9:24 AM in response to marinellyp

Maybe the following will help you understand how deleting works in iPhoto:

Deleting Photos from an iPhoto Library:

1 - from an Event or the Photos mode: select the photo(s) and use the Delete key to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the iPhoto Trash bin as follows:

User uploaded file

2 - from an album, smart album, book, slideshow, card, etc.: select the photo(s) and use the key combination of Command+Option+Delete to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the trash bin as above.

NOTE: deleting a photo from an album, slideshow, book, etc., with only the Delete key only deletes that photo from that item. Deleting a photo from an Event deletes ALL occurances of that photo in the library.

OT

deleted iphotos do not go in trash\, deleted iphotos do not go in trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.