Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Mac/iPad Calendar Sync Problem

Hi folks,

It has been a long time since I have posted here, but I am stumped, so I thought I'd solicit some wisdom from people on these threads.

OVERVIEW:

I sync my iPad3 calendar by plugging into my Mac and using iTunes. For as long as I have been doing this, the sync has been flawless. Items entered into my Mac's iCal were pushed to the iPad and items entered into the iPad Calendar were pushed to iCal via iTunes sync. Easy. Fast. Accurate.

However, in the last few days calendar sync issues have developed.

PROBLEM:

• New events entered into Mac iCal are pushed to the iPad, but if I update or delete the new event in iCal, those changes are NOT reflected in the iPad Calendar after the next sync (the event is 'stuck' in the iPad Calendar).

• New events entered into iPad Calendar are NOT pushed to the Mac iCal at all so my iCal events are not updated and are therefore inaccurate.

REMEDIES THAT I HAVE TRIED WITH NO SUCCESS:

• Checked and unchecked Calendar Sync option in the INFO tab of iTunes and deleted and restored the iPad calendar.

• Reset the SyncServices folder

• Deleted the iCal.plist

• Deleted the iTunes.plist

• Deleted the iCal cache file

These are suggestions that I found online but did not work. The only thing I have not tried is to do a full restore of the iPad from backup, because I assume that will be a lot of work/time and I'd have to wait until the weekend to sit and do this.

Is it possible this is not a problem with the MBP or iPad and has to do with iTunes 11 and iOS 6.1.3? I have found some threads where people cite calendar sync issues with those updates.

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.

LIST OF GEAR:

• MBP (late 2007)

• OSX 10.6.8

• iTunes 11.0.3

• iPad3

• iOS 6.1.3

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 24, 2013 9:56 AM

1 reply

iTunes Mac/iPad Calendar Sync Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.