Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to safely uninstall applications

I am attempting to uninstall an application without uninstall option. But I can't find any uninstall utility in OSX for removal of programs( I convert to Mac lately). Just want to know how can I safely uninstall such application. Thanks.

mac mini intel core duo, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2006 8:08 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2006 2:04 AM in response to eric.mac

Just to reinforce Nanofreak, and Ron.

Let's say for example that you have Skype installed on your mac. In order to remove the software simply drag it into the trash from your applications folder (or wherever you decided to install it). To remove the "residue" that comes behind it as Ron mentioned, simply click on spotlight and type 'skype' into the search bar for example. You should then see a list of files and / or folders related to that application. Simply check through them and delete them, specifically looking for the preference files which will usually appear like this for example - com.apple.skype.plist

Hope that I may have been of further assistance
-Pos

How to safely uninstall applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.