Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EOS Rebel T4i and Final CP 7 need Plugin to Log and Transfer footage

Dear community the “E1 Plugin” seems to work for every canon EOS camera except the Rebel T4i (know in the UK as the Canon EOS 650D). Once installed still get the same error message

“WARNING "camera" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.”

Have been on the Canon website and downloaded everything they have listed for the Rebel T4i and none of it Works.

Can anyone please help me get the Log and Transfer facility up and running on my FCP 7?

My spec is as follows

Macbook pro with Mountain Lion, OSX 10.8.3

Using Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Thanks in advance for time spent responding to this appeal for help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on May 24, 2013 1:05 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Meg The Dog

Hi Meg the Dog,

Thanks for sending the link. Am still putting in the frustrating hours trying to solve this problem and get editing again. Can’t find the Plist anywere. Spotlight can’t find it. Had a look at a video on youtube (for D600 not my D650 /T4i camera) and apparently it is located in :

Macintosh HD/Library/MIO/RAD/Plugins/CanonE1.RADPlug/Contents/Resources/cameras.plist.

There is no MIO in my library. Have reinstalled the canon CDs that came with the camera, and that did nothing. Downloaded the plist that was in the link that you kindly sent me. When opened it (my computer did this with Xcode) there is no string given form the T4i. But this plist is no good to me anyway if i have no plist to alter in my computer. I just want to get editing again, without rendering all the time. Can anyone help? There must be folk out there who have solved this problem. . I am using 7.0.3 version of FCP and camera is known in the UK as the Canon D650.

Best wishes,

GG

EOS Rebel T4i and Final CP 7 need Plugin to Log and Transfer footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.