Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Windows Dvd/USB Bootcamp.

Hi

I installed a long time ago Win 7 in My Macbook (late 2008 Aluminium) by a Bootcamp Partition, it ran flawless.

BUT about one month ago i got problems with Windows (Low performance and stuff) and I decided to Reinstall Windows: I erased and maked the partition again, and then I inserted the DVD (Burned from an ISO), i got the "Windows is preparing Archives" DOS screen but the computer freezed, I waited about an hour and then I forced Shut Down by holding the Hard Button. I tried to install again, and only got a black screen and not a single sound from the Superdrive.

-I burned again the DVD (At lowest speed) and tried to boot from the disc, but i only got the black screen again.

-Then I made about 3 or 4 different Bootable USB sticks from Bootcamp Assistant (Changing Info.plist), but again the Black Screen.

-I also tried booting with rEFIT and the USB's/DVD, but again Black Screen.

-Finally I reseted SMC and NVRAM/PRAM and tried again all the steps above with no success.

(About 3 months ago I installed tuxera NTFS in the Mac OS partition to create usb sticks and stuff, i don't know if this could care)

I really don't know what to do, and I spent a month searching for the solution. I hope someone could help me. 😟

(Sorry for my bad english)

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 24, 2013 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2013 1:25 PM

While we all have MacBooks in this forum not all of us use BootCamp. There's a BootCamp Support Community where everybody uses BootCamp. You should also post this question there to increase your chances of getting an answer. https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

2 replies

Can't install Windows Dvd/USB Bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.