Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting to Quicktime Produces Separate Audio File

Hello- Been exporting from Keynote 09 (5.3) to quicktime for years, and have just run into a problem I can't get around.

When I export to large quality, its seperating out the audio and video tracks. If I choose custom and mix, it still does it. No matter what I do, I can't get it to produce 1 quicktime movie.

Thoughts?

Thx.

Posted on May 24, 2013 1:43 PM

8 replies

May 26, 2013 2:10 PM in response to mr.bill

Using a recorded voiceover or placing a sound file in the soundtrack well of: Inspector > Document > Audio

will always produce a separate audio file when exported to QuickTime.

If you are using either of these methods for sound files, the only way to achieve a single QT file export is to use QuickTime Pro or other sound editing application and merge the two files together.

May 29, 2013 9:51 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hello- Thanks for the idea.

Its strange... It has a soundtrack in the track pane.

I solved the problem by doing the following:

- Keeping sound track in the track pane

- Doing a voice record over, but selecting a non-active audio source (Soundflower) so there really isn't anything be recorded.

- Outputting as timed (not manual)

This combined them. Seems buggy to me, but it works.

Thanks.

May 31, 2013 1:02 AM in response to sabatica

Yay Or Use Fixed Timing when you export.

Unfortunatly this does not work for everyone, it is well documented that Keynote produces separate audio and video files on some systems and not on others using identical workflows. Each user has to find what works on the combination of the versions of Operating System, Quicktime and Keynote installed on their Mac.

Exporting to Quicktime Produces Separate Audio File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.