Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reset admin password with apple ID

Hello, I took my MBP in to get it fixed at the apple store and now I cannot login to my admin account. I hadn't logged into to this particular account for a while cause I was using my imac but now that it is fixed I either cannot remember my password, or it has been reset because I have been trying all know passwords that I use.

I tried to reset it using my apple id but when I click reset password it just shakes as if I have the wrong password for my apple id. This is not the case as I logged into icloud with my icloud/me.com just fine, I was also able to login with my primary apple id that I have been using for sometime on my other computer with itunes and apple.com . The only way I can use my computer currently is through the guest login. This is a real pain in the butt because I cannot do anything without the admin password I cannot even erase and start over to create a new admin account. any help would be great . Thanks.

Posted on May 24, 2013 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2013 8:55 PM

Read > http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4101 That user tip will show you how to reset the password. You will lose the keychain after resetting your password

3 replies

Can't reset admin password with apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.