Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion ordered via telephone - why does it take 1 week to get an email with the link to the online shop? Is Apple sending out emails by post?

Telphone order of OS X Lion - Delivery: email with download link - So, why would that take 1 week to be delivered??? I remember times when Data connection was so slow that it would actually take 1 week to send today's sizes of email - but that was 25 years ago...

Lieferung 1 Versandfertig: 1 - 3 Arbeitstage
Lieferung: 31 Mai, 2013 - 03 Jun, 2013 per Expressversand
User uploaded file
OS X Lion (10.7) 14,63€

Lion-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 25, 2013 6:06 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2013 6:47 AM in response to acbonauer

Why are you bothering to upgrade to Lion?

If your machine is one of those that can't upgrade to the better Mountian Lion, then it's much better off remaining on Snow Leopard because of all the legacy software your running won't need to be replaced.

The Lions and beyond won't run your PPC software, and likely most of your Intel software neither, no Rosetta!

A older machine that can only run Lion is a dated machine, and likely due to expire soon.

I can't see even bothering to go to Lion and having to buy all new software for a old machine, not at your stage.

A newer 10.8 machine would be a better choice, because you know Apple releases a new OS X version every year now and the year is almost up, so if you get to 10.7, then your going to be behind again shorty anyway on the old machine, but the new machine you can upgrade OS X to the latest new version.

It doesn't make much sense at this point and time to upgrade to Lion for you, the older machine will run best with Snow Leopard anyway.

If you MUST use one of the OS X Lions, then I suggest a new machine, that way it can be upgraded further.

Apple is still issuing security updates for Snow Leopard, it's got a 1/3 apx market share.

OS X 10.4/10.5 need to upgrade, 10.6.8 ok still

May 27, 2013 4:56 AM in response to ds store

Well, you are not answering my question though...

About the reason to convert - I dont have any legacy software that I absolutely need, I dont care if my machine is dated or not, in particular I dont think my machine will EXPIRE soon asI am not planning to spend the price to upgrade to a new machine. But thanks for advising me to buy a new machine - that is not an option.

I just want to use some of the Lion's functionality that Snow Leapard does not have such as Cloud support. Or at least I cannot find in Snow Leopard.

Lion ordered via telephone - why does it take 1 week to get an email with the link to the online shop? Is Apple sending out emails by post?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.