Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Occasional Unsupported Image Format during import, why?

Once in a while when importing from my camera (Sony A99) RAW format, I get the Unsupported Image Format on a few pics of the batch. It's random so I'm not sure when it would happen. The only way I find that will fix those images is launch aperture into repair "repair database". It's not a deal breaker as I don't lose any files but it's bit annoying and not sure why this is the case. Any ideas how to permanatly stop this?

Posted on May 25, 2013 5:38 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2013 6:52 PM in response to aapl.crox

Have you tried simply restarting Aperture to see if it fixes the issue?

If that doesn't, you can probably select the image and select "reprocess master." Usually a full database repair shouldn't be necessary. As to why it happens, I don't know. I've seen this as well, but like twice ever and I've been using Aperture since it was released in 2005.

Jun 2, 2013 9:44 PM in response to aapl.crox

Where do I go to reprocess master? Couldn't find it anywhere.

In Aperture 3 this option is in the "Photos" menu:

Aperture's main menu bar > Photos > Reprocess Original

Does this always happen with the same card? When have you last reformatted the card? Perhaps the filesystem on the card needs repairing or you should try a different card.

Léonie

Jun 3, 2013 6:26 AM in response to aapl.crox

I see this regularly ( one or two files, every other time I import?) with the built-in SDHC card reader on my rMBP. What I do is simply note which files are corrupt, immediately re-import those files, and then delete the corrupt ones (sorted by date, they are side-by-side with their non-corrupt twin). Iirc, only once have I had to re-re-import a file that failed to import properly on the first try.

I reformat (in camera) each card every time I fill it (and recommend this practice), but IME (casually observed and not tested) the problem originates with the built-in card reader, and not with the card. How are you importing?

Perhaps only a coincidence, but I use Sony cameras. I don't recall this ever happening with a CF card though. (The rMBP does not have a CF reader.)

Occasional Unsupported Image Format during import, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.