Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with my Epson XP-400 - a printer that doesn't want to print!! : (

I have had my printer for several weeks now and it seems that I am NOT able to print more than I am able to. Is there anything that I should look at? It seems that I am only able to work one out of every ten times.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Epson XP-400-OTHER

Posted on May 25, 2013 6:58 PM

11 replies

May 27, 2013 6:15 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn, I did try that (again) and it still doesn't work. It will find the printer initially, then even print, but then 15 minutes or so later it says it kind find the printer?! If I walk over and turn it completely off then back on it will usually, but not always find it again. Is it supposed to work like that?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Aug 23, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Mikey1atl

Thank you PAHU!!

Epson XP-400

Error /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS /rastertoescpII

Same problem sovled with a simple fix!

Open System Preferences > Sharing and check that you have a Computer Name set. If you don't, then according to other posts, this is causing the rastertoescpll error message. So enter any name here and then try printing again.

Aug 28, 2013 12:57 PM in response to siskisyoudog

I did check to make sure I have a computer name set. Thank you though.

I've re-installed drivers, power-cycled my router, restarted my mac, double checked my wifi about a million times, and tried using just the epson drivers without the apple update.

Basically, no matter what I do this printer does not reliably connect from a mobile device via airprint, or wirelessly to my mac. On my ipad and iphone, it intermittently just doesn't show up in the airprinter list. From my mac, I can actually get to the point where I can press print, but then the information just spools forever and the print queue says "the printer is not connected". Even though the printer is awake and connected.

I always have to restart the printer to print. And sometimes that does not even work.

I've talked to apple. And Epson is supposed to get back to me. Just wondering if there is anything else to try before I recycle this hunk of junk.

Thanks,

Sarah

Aug 29, 2013 2:25 AM in response to SarahM23

Sarah,

Hi there! Sorry for taking so long to reply back.

Yes, what they told me earlier helped though with one condition. Each day I have to "wake" my printer up before I print, that is actually walk over and touch the power button so the display comes back on. I don't power off and on or have to very often, just wake it up.

I would have thought that my sending something to the cue would wake it up, but I guess I was wrong about that.

Sorry, you are having so many issues. I know its very frustrating!

Michael

Problems with my Epson XP-400 - a printer that doesn't want to print!! : (

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.