Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i reset my Final Cut Pro 6 to factory settings

I am working on a video shoot and as i start normally i import all my .mov files and edit... When i finished i export my movie to the same sequence settings as i was working on...

My problem is after i import my .mov files and start editing die it is as if the program is REALLY slow freezes for a sec and then continues and when i just play it back there between clips it freezes for a sec again and then does not play smoothly... and when i export the exported mov does the same thing and for some of the clips it sort of crashes what i mean is it will suddenly make the mov flash all the colors of the rainbow... green ext... and not show the clips... i came to realize that FCP exports the final mov with that glitches...

So is there anyway i can fix that problems or just reset my FCP to the factory settings??? o yea... when i render the mov or export it, it takes forever!!! like i tried to export a 76 min mov that i edited and it took 37 hours to export and same with the render... a small 1 min clip that needs to be render takes more than a hour to render...

Please if there is somebody that can help me let me know...

Kind Regards

Marco van Vuuren

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on May 25, 2013 11:44 PM

9 replies

May 27, 2013 12:23 PM in response to marcofromhartbeespoort dam

ok......

kaz-k Thank u very much.... your advice REALLY helped me out!!! but now still when i play my edited clips in my timeline it still freezes and then it tells me there was dropped frames and when i export it die same place where it gave me dropped frames, the exported movie also freezes and still on the end of the exported movie it does not show my credits but still gives me that glitches where the colors flashes...

any ideas???

Meg The DogThank u very much.... I will download the program as soon as possible but tell me... Does it only fix the FCP preferences or the MAC itself?

Studio XThank u very much.... I copyed the files from the camera as .mts files and FCP does not work with that format so i have a converting program on windows (Format Factory) and converted it to .mov files... Is there a program witch i can download for imac version 10.4.11 and most impotent macpro version 10.5.8 (the 1 with FCP) that is a full program and that won't take so long or put a watermark or something on the files???

Kind Regard to all

Marco van Vuuren

May 27, 2013 12:23 PM in response to kaz-k

kaz-k Thank u very much.... your advice REALLY helped me out!!! but now still when i play my edited clips in my timeline it still freezes and then it tells me there was dropped frames and when i export it die same place where it gave me dropped frames, the exported movie also freezes and still on the end of the exported movie it does not show my credits but still gives me that glitches where the colors flashes...

any ideas???

May 27, 2013 12:24 PM in response to Studio X

Studio XThank u very much.... I copyed the files from the camera as .mts files and FCP does not work with that format so i have a converting program on windows (Format Factory) and converted it to .mov files... Is there a program witch i can download for imac version 10.4.11 and most impotent macpro version 10.5.8 (the 1 with FCP) that is a full program and that won't take so long or put a watermark or something on the files???

How do i reset my Final Cut Pro 6 to factory settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.