Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I back up mail on my MacBook Pro after deleting it on my MacBook Air?

Hello everyone!

Recently I deleted some emails from my MacBook Air not realising that they would be deleted on my MacBook Pro. When I realised what was going on I turned off the wifi on my Air and continued deleting. Basically I scrubbed just about everything in order to free up space on my Air for my iPhoto collection

Now I want to back up my mail folders and their contents on my MacBook Pro so I don't lose them.

Any suggestions? I had thought about duplicating the Folders on my mac in iCloud. When I select all and then go to the new iClould folder and paste it is very slow.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Now that I have learned (the hard way!) that when I deleted the mail messages from my MacBook Air I was removing them from the server I am VERY worried. I am afraid that when I reconnect my Air to the Internet it will delete all of my MacBook Air mail folders and emails.

I do have the Time Capsule and spoke to Apple Care here in Sydney about it yesterday. They told me my mail is not backed up there unless I create a special folder. I just tried ringing them again but Apple Care is closed today...

Thanks in advance for any help! If I should redirect this question to a more appropriate community please advise!

Becky

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 25, 2013 8:47 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2013 9:54 PM in response to beckstarOK_je4

beckyfromoz wrote:

I do have the Time Capsule and spoke to Apple Care here in Sydney about it yesterday. They told me my mail is not backed up there unless I create a special folder. I just tried ringing them again but Apple Care is closed today...

Mail is backed up automatically. If you make backups automatically, open Mail application and then, open the Time Machine app (in /Applications/Utilities). You will access to the Time Machine interface, and you will be able to see all your mails of all the backups you have, and you will be able to restore them. It means that your mails are backed up onto the Time Capsule

How Do I back up mail on my MacBook Pro after deleting it on my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.