Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error ITMS-4062 Help

Each time I try to add a new book to the itunes store, I recieve error 4062. I cannot seem to find any information on this error or how to fix it. It says this:

ERROR ITMS-4062: "Vendor identifier 'the_title_of_the_book' is invalid according to the configured pattern '[a-zA-Z0-9}w+' for provider" at book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Can anyone tell me exactly what it means and what I need to do to get this fixed? Your replies are appreciated!

Mac OS X (10.7.5), iTunes Producer2.9

Posted on May 26, 2013 12:56 AM

10 replies

Jul 14, 2013 2:40 PM in response to Courtney825

Hi Courtney825,

The FAQ article that I referenced has an email address and phone number to contact support.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/content-providers/book-faq.html

I cannot find the answer to my question. Where can I get additional help?

The iBookstore also provides support via email and phone. You can choose from the following two options:

• Email ibookstore_applicationsupport@apple.com
  • The iBookstore support team is available to assist you by phone, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PT). Local phone numbers are available for Australia, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the U.K., and the U.S. Phone support is available in English only.
    • Australia 1300 307 504 (Note that this is a low tariff number.)
    • France 0805 540 117
    • Germany 0800 664 5307
    • Italy 800 915 902
    • Netherlands 0800 0201 578
    • Spain 900 812 687
    • U.K. 0800 975 0615
    • U.S. +1 (877) 206-2092 (Toll-free from U.S. and Canada.)

Cheers,

Judy

Aug 1, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Courtney825

Seems the Vendor ID is an ID for us to use. It can't have any dashes in it, but only letters and numbers. I orginally thought the Vendor ID was the number that Apple calls me. But it apparently is just a field for my own number (I use the ISBN here for my books.) Shouldn't be too hard for Apple to say that. Hope that helps.

Sep 14, 2013 3:27 PM in response to Courtney825

Hello,

I was getting this problem for about 30 minutes today and I figured out how to get past this error.

You need to remove the ISBN on the info page (1st page in iTunes Producer), such that your Vendor ID is just a number.

When I had the ISBN plugged in, the Vendor ID was displaying the book's title with dashes and underscores in a pattern that I couldn't figure out (I tried renaming the epub file, but that didn't work).

So with the ISBN left blank, I was able to get the book file to upload without any errors and I'm ready to send it off to the iBookstore.

Hope this helps...

Error ITMS-4062 Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.