Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i change my hard disk up to 250 GB or 500 GB ?

Can i change my hard disk up to 200 GB or 500 GB ? if i can,how should i do ?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7), Whrite MacBook 13-Ine

Posted on May 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2013 10:19 AM

I am not sure I understand you but the best guess on my part is purchase and install the larger disk.

Allan

3 replies

May 26, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Sykhao

Clone backup current drive to an external disk (SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner). The external disk should be a FireWire drive so you can boot it (I believe the White MacBooks only booted external FireWire drives). You should test booting the cloned external before continuing. Or you could clone the current MacBook drive to the new replacement drive, which could be done via USB or FireWire.

If I recall correctly, remove the battery, remove a metal shield, pull out the current drive, remove the bracket, attach bracket to new drive, slide new drive back in, put metal shield back on, put battery back in.

If you cloned directly to new replacement drive, boot up your MacBook and enjoy.

If you cloned to an external FireWire, boot the external cloned FireWire drive, and clone it back to the new replacement drive.

If you consider your data valuable, have yet another backup to a different drive before starting just to be safe.

There should be YouTube videos that will show you how to do this, or search MacSales.com for how to videos.

Message was edited by: BobHarris

How can i change my hard disk up to 250 GB or 500 GB ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.