Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-6003F error message

Installed the latest updates on my macbook air and was got the flashing folder icon on restarting. Tried cmd-R (at my parents place, can't remember if I've connected to their wireless network before) and I then got 'apple.com/support -6003F' error message. Can't find any reference to this error code when searching apple support or google. Have tried disabling security on router but this makes not difference. Will try again from usual location. Would be grateful for any advice.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on May 26, 2013 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 1:47 PM

Hey I tried this and I think it is working, it actually connected to the internet and is downloading the recovery files now.

7 replies

Jul 19, 2013 7:11 AM in response to AS001

I had this same problem, and despite the message, 6003F is not documented anywhere. Unfortunate.

I believe this simply means the Apple servers aren't visible on your default network—in this mode, your Mac can't access your saved network name and password. If you hold the Option key on bootup instead, you'll get the Startup Manager. That screen will let you select a wifi network and enter a password, if needed. I did this and was able to download the recovery image.

Good luck. I'm answering all the recent 6003F questions I can find to help the next person 🙂

-6003F error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.