Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No alerts for Reminders App

Hi

I consider myself on top of most things to do with Apple. But I have run into a curious issue here. The Reminders app on Mountain Lion and iOS does not display alerts or banners for the reminders I set with a due date, as would be expected.

I have had this issue for a while and even though I have not used the Reminders app very much, I have come back to it for several reasons and now it really bothers me that I dont get an alert for a due reminder.

In notification center on ML and iOS 6, I dont have the Reminders app there because I dont want to see the Reminders when I look in notification center. I only want to see reminders when they are due. So I have set the notification as an Alert, but nothing happens on either device.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Hope to get some help, because it bothers me to miss out on important reminders that I have set. Thanks

-----

Macbook Pro early 2011, running ML 10.8.3

iPhone 4 on iOS 6

Microsoft Office for MAC-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion, MacBook Pro, Early 2011

Posted on May 26, 2013 1:26 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2013 4:30 PM in response to anwla

In the iCloud preference pane, uncheck the box marked Calendars & Reminders if it's checked. You may be prompted for your iCloud password. Leave the preference pane open.

Quit Reminders if it's running, and also quit Calendar or iCal.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select
Services ▹ Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window should open with a file named "Calendar Cache" selected.

Move the selected file to the Trash. There may be one or two other files in the same folder with names that begin in "Calendar Cache". If so, delete those files too.

If you unchecked the box in the iCloud preference pane, check it again and close the preference pane.

Launch Reminders and test.

No alerts for Reminders App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.