Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Bootcamp reappear as a startup disk?

After falling prey to some products from Paragon (Camptune, NTFS driver for Mac OS), Bootcamp no longer appears as a startup disk under Preferences. Is there away to get it back?

Related to this, is powering on while holding Option and selecting Windows the same as selecting Bootcamp for startup disk oin Preferences?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 26, 2013 1:04 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2013 1:20 PM in response to seldredg

you didn't fall prey, the latest version of CampTune and NTFS from Paragon work.

You have to use Paragon NTFS for startup. And guess what, sometimes Windows on its own drive just does not show up. Even w/o Paragon or 3rd party. But it does show up in Windows if you installed Boot Camp - I prefer not to though and is not needed plus why tehre is no custom install to install what YOU need rather than all the drivers many of which you do not. Not on Mac Pro. Still need to install 3rd party drivers too.

Yes. Option is just a way to invoke EFI startup manager.

Use to be some used rEFIt may not work now.

You posted in a workstation/tower Mac Pro forum, not Boot CAmp, not MacBook Pro, forums.

Mac 101: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

Helpful Apple Support Resources (Forum Overview)

Community

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

Direct you to the proper forum for MacBook :

May 26, 2013 5:51 PM in response to The hatter

Thanks for your help, especialy the links. This is the first time I've posted in this forum. I needed to pick a category for my question, and I didn't see a Bootcamp link, so I selected the MacBook Pro link. In the days and hours I spent scouring the Internet for clues that might get Camptune to work, I came across a comment from someone who said Paragon told them Camptune was not compatible with the chipset inthe MacBook Pro. The post was from a year or so ago and I assumed such a problem would have been fixed, but perhaps not. Neither the Camptune version I bought directly from Paragon this week (10.2) or the new version (10.7) Support gave a link to worked at all. I'm waiting to hear from Paragon Support.

I can still see my Boot Camp parition, I just can't selected it as a startup disk in preferences. I believe the product can be made to work. I hadn't expected it to take more than a week.

May 27, 2013 10:08 AM in response to The hatter

I wasn't, but I am now. Thanks. I had installed the driver to see if it would help CampTune in any way. It didn't. But then last night I found a thread that provided a procedure for using the driver to be able to use the disk utility to veify/repair disk andpermissions. After doing that several times on each partition, Camptune finally worked, although BootCamp didn't come back to Preferences/Startup. But the NTFS is a better option anyow.I thought NTFS was just a driver in the background. Didn't know it had a control panel. Thank you.

How do I make Bootcamp reappear as a startup disk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.