Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!! NO AIRPORT, SOUND, USB, RAM SLOT NOT WORKING

A couple of days ago i opened up up my 06 macbook pro. i opened it up to clean the airvents bc the laptop was getting crazy hot.so I cleaned out all of the dust and when i put everything back together, it wouldnt boot. i got a black screen and the hd light was on (not blinking, solid). so i took out one of the memory sticks and it booted. but now that it booted it says i have "no built in output" "no airport card installed" and one of my usb ports isnt working and i was thinking maybe something wasnt connected to the LB but i went backed and triple checked adn all of the connections seem fine but idk. could it be possible that the logic board might have shorted out while i left it on the chair when i took it apart?? or it just might be a connection that i might have forgotten?? please help me as i dont have money to buy a new laptop. on the bright side the MBP doesnt get hot anymore.

thanks to anyone who helps me 🙂

also watching videos on safari was a problem, and i switched to chrome and it fixed it right up, but all of these problems happened at the same time. (not sure if relevant)

p.s i already tried a smc and pram reset

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 26, 2013 8:32 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2013 6:15 PM in response to andyb1234

might be a connection that i might have forgotten??

It's possible. However, you already stated that you "triple checked." No harm in checking again incase you blinked too fast the 3 go-arounds.

Check out KB Articles: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367 Troubleshooting when your computer won't turn on and http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365 Intel-Based Apple Portables: Troubleshooting a computer that will not power on

Another option would be to take your MBP to you local Apple Store or an AASP for a FREE diagnostic test. This way you will know exactly what is wrong & how to fix since it appears you know your way around the guts of a MBP.

User uploaded file

Jun 2, 2013 11:10 AM in response to andyb1234

OK UPDATE!!!! Just earlier today the sound started working again randomly. like nothing happened. my airport card still doesnt work or my usb or my ram, im guessing it wasnt a short and that everything else still works but i dont want to open it bc the sound is working now and i dont want to make a mistake. (one step foward 2 steps back). any suggestions?

HELP!! NO AIRPORT, SOUND, USB, RAM SLOT NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.