Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timed Access Control Set on AEBS and AE stops working?

Hi

I have an Airport Extreme and recently purchased a new Airport Express to extend my network and use AirPlay.

I have reset my Airport Extreme as I want to set up new network names, passwords and also use the Timed Access Control. This is timed for the children, but also to stop others trying to hack into my networks.

When the Wireless Clients - Unlimited (default) is left unchanged, the Airport Express shows in the main Airport Utility WIndow. When I add a few clients to the list with their Mac addresses and change the Unlimited settings to No Access, the Airport Express stops working.

Is there anyway around this, or do I need to set up the AEBS fully before adding the AE?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 26, 2013 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2013 6:26 AM

When I add a few clients to the list with their Mac addresses and change the Unlimited settings to No Access, the Airport Express stops working.

You have to add the wireless MAC address of the AirPort Express to your list.......since it is a wireless client.

If the Express is not on the list of allowed wireless clients, it will not be able to connect to the network to extend it because it has No Access.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2013 6:26 AM in response to AppleMacCider

When I add a few clients to the list with their Mac addresses and change the Unlimited settings to No Access, the Airport Express stops working.

You have to add the wireless MAC address of the AirPort Express to your list.......since it is a wireless client.

If the Express is not on the list of allowed wireless clients, it will not be able to connect to the network to extend it because it has No Access.

Timed Access Control Set on AEBS and AE stops working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.