Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cannot play media from alternate hard drive.

Out of nowhere one day my iTunes (Windows 7) stopped playing my music. I could double click on a song and iTunes would freeze up for a minute, then just unfreeze (No error message or anything). With more research I found out that the only songs that wont play are those on a different hard drive in my computer (M:\). These songs have always been on this drive, and I've never had a problem before. If I move the songs to my C:\ drive, they will play in iTunes fine. The songs play fine from their M:\ location in other media players.

One of the weirdest parts is if I reset the library and try to re-add these songs, sometimes they wont add at all and other times they will add but not retain any meta information like Title, Artist, Album, etc; it will only display the file name. They still do not play in this state.

I've tried:

• Reinstalling iTunes
  • Removing Library files
  • Re-adding songs to library
  • Booting iTunes in safe mode
  • Clearing iTunes cache
  • Running in compatibility mode
  • Made sure iTunes is up to date
  • Other things that I probably don't remember (I've been trying for a while)

Windows 7

Posted on May 26, 2013 10:27 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes cannot play media from alternate hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.