Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File "ITunes64.msi" missing

Hi,

When I tried to download the new version of ITunes, the process stopped telling me the file "ITunes64.msi" was missing, so he couldn't uninstall the old version.

I deleted ITunes in order to re-install it.

But I still have this problem of missing file.

I don't have ITunes anymore and I can't install it.

If anyone can help me to solve this problem

Thanks in advance

iTunes-OTHER

Posted on May 27, 2013 4:28 AM

16 replies

Nov 11, 2013 8:14 AM in response to boyeromain

I did this in Windows 8.

Go to Regedit -> Edit -> Find -> Type Itunes64.msi -> Find Next ->

On the left side, There are a lot of folders, find the only open one named "SourceList", go to 1 folder above that, so it should the main folder of the source lest -> Right Click -> Delete -> OK

Now you're ready to install your latest itunest. just close the RegEdit and install itunes64

I just did this 10 minutes ago, hope it helps

May 28, 2014 11:26 AM in response to CarlAVII

Allen - Thank You- What you are suggesting is what I have been trying to do.

My computer CRASHED the other night and this is the only program that I have yet to get back up and running. I have tried everything.

When I go into ADD/REMOVE programs, it tells me the itunes64.msi does not exist on this computer.

I'm not quite sure what happened here. I have all of the other files except for this one. My music and other itunes files appear to still be intact which is good, but this does me no good if I can't access them.

I also have an iphone that is acting up that I need to back up and take back to the apple store so they can evaluate it further, but I don't can't do this until I get itunes fixed.

Any other ideas?

Apr 8, 2015 6:32 AM in response to boyeromain

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

File "ITunes64.msi" missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.