Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro retina touchpad autoclicks on clamshell (bootcamp)

Hello,

I have noticed that when I am running windows 7 on bootcamp, and i have "tap to click" option selected for my touchpad under the bootcamp settings, whenever I close the lid and turn it into clamshell mode, my cursors starts to automatically click non-stop.

The frequency varies but eventually it does click and persistently. I tried lifting the lid up by a slight bit and the clicking stops immediately. I have disabled the tap to click option and it is workign fine now.

I am just worried that my touchpad or my screen may be defective and may be causing some problems. Please help me figure if it is normal or it may be a problem with the mac. Thanks for reading and helping.

Sincerly, Mark

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Windows 7, touchpad

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:49 AM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2014 1:42 PM in response to Murauder

I got the same problem with my rMBP 15" late 2013. I've installed Windows 8.1 thrugh bootcamp and it's working perfectly. But I sometimes want to connect the macbook to my livingroom tv and use it with a wireless mouse and keyboard. But whenever I close the lid and have it running in clamshell mode my touchpad freaks out completely and will go bananzas with everything installed, like starting up everything on my desktop and in just a few seconds from me putting down the lid it can have started 10 different apps or clicked thrugh half the internet.

I found some program that would automaticly turn off the touchpad when using an external one but that didn't work. I couldn't even manually disable the touchpad thrugh that program so I just uninstalled it at once.

I really want to just put it in clamshell-mode and put the computer besides all the other "media"-gear in the mediafurnuture benite the tv. Is there any way to fix this?

Macbook pro retina touchpad autoclicks on clamshell (bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.