Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Word 2011 university ed.

My daughter is recieving a brand new MBP for her gradauation present. She will be attending UT-Tyler in the fall

I can buy the University ed for a cheaper price than the student office ed.

Are they both the same programs and offer the same capabilities?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.2), IMac G4 Mac OS 10.4.11

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:30 AM

That's rather vague. Do you mean you can purchase Office 2011 for Mac cheaper at the University than you can online? If so, that's very common.

What MS calls the Home/Student version doesn't have anything to do with pricing. It's just a product name.

But yes, the software is identical. Universities have long offered greatly reduced software costs for students. If your daughter needs Outlook, then purchase the Business version of Office 2011 at the U price. The Home/Student version doesn't include Outlook.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2013 7:30 AM in response to I LOVE MACS827

That's rather vague. Do you mean you can purchase Office 2011 for Mac cheaper at the University than you can online? If so, that's very common.

What MS calls the Home/Student version doesn't have anything to do with pricing. It's just a product name.

But yes, the software is identical. Universities have long offered greatly reduced software costs for students. If your daughter needs Outlook, then purchase the Business version of Office 2011 at the U price. The Home/Student version doesn't include Outlook.

Microsoft Word 2011 university ed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.