Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV 3 won't connect with Ethernet...

ATV 3 with latest update connects fine with wifi, but as soon as i plug in the ethernet cable, it loses connection. The cable has been tested on my MacBook Pro and all is working fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Apple TV 3-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:35 AM

5 replies

May 29, 2013 8:30 AM in response to Attil

Hi Attil,

Although the article below mainly focuses on Wi-Fi connections, there is some information regarding troubleshooting your Ethernet connection:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Apple TV can use either an Ethernet or a Wi-Fi connection. When Ethernet is connected, Apple TV automatically defaults to using that connection.

Verify that your Apple TV is using the latest software by selecting Settings > General > Software Update. If your Apple TV can be updated, install the update and then try the steps again.

Checking your network connection settings. You can view or adjust these by selecting Settings > General > Network on Apple TV:

Restart your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Restart.

Try restarting your router and modem by turning it off and then on again.

I hope this information helps ...

- Judy

Aug 3, 2013 5:58 PM in response to judysings

Hi, Judy. All of the above did not work. I'll give you a more detailed description of my setup, maybe it will help...

Cable coming in from outside to Cable Modem to Airport Extreme to DLink hub to ATV3. I've hooked up my Macbook pro to the same line of the ATV3 with no problems.

When i hook up the ATV and go to settings, i get this info:

IP Address - yes

Subnet Mask - yes

Router -no

DNS - n/a

Thanks in advance

ATV 3 won't connect with Ethernet...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.