Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder empty in iPhoto - where r my pics?

Oh my god! Why are most of the folders in iPhoto EMPTY????? The pics were there yesterday - and no one has been in my Mac??

Problem #2 is that I did a backup some weeks ago - but I´m afraid that if I plug the device in my Mac - that all my backup-ed pics will vanish because the device is formated to the Mac :/

Can someone help me - plz 🙂

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 27, 2013 8:29 AM

3 replies

May 27, 2013 8:53 AM in response to Asthildur

We will need to know more to help:

What did you do yesterday, when you last saw your photos in iPhoto? Did you import new photos?

And what did you do afterwards? What changed? Installed or updated new software? Moved your iPhoto Library? What is your iPhoto version?

Problem #2 is that I did a backup some weeks ago

What kind of backup is that? Time Machine? A clone of your drive? Copies of the photos?

• Are you sure, you are viewing the correct library? If you launch iPhoto by double-clicking the iPhoto icon while holding down the ⌥ (opt)-key, you get a window, where you can select a library to open. Does this show more then one iPhoto library? Do you see your photos, when you select a different library?
  • Have you looked into the Trash bin?
  • Have you enabled to show "Hidden Photos" in the "View" menu?

Regards

Léonie

Apr 19, 2015 5:51 PM in response to Asthildur

Hi,

I had the same problem, I fist added some pictures in iPhoto a few months ago, spent hours editing them..all that to see that the day after all my folders were empty except 3 out of more than 50. Few months after, I did it again, thinking that I impoted them maybe in a wrong way, but again, this morning, no more photos in my folders, except for 1 this time (but all the empty folders with their name are still there), and again, everything was there yesterday..no one else touch my computer..the folder are there, but the pictures all desapear…I need help to recover them, as I do not want to spend another day working for nothing. Thank you for giving me some support. Cheers.

Apr 19, 2015 8:14 PM in response to maudymelice

Same Problem?

Need the same answers

• Are you sure, you are viewing the correct library? If you launch iPhoto by double-clicking the iPhoto icon while holding down the ⌥ (opt)-key, you get a window, where you can select a library to open. Does this show more then one iPhoto library? Do you see your photos, when you select a different library?
  • Have you looked into the Trash bin?
  • Have you enabled to show "Hidden Photos" in the "View" menu?

Regards

Léonie

LN

Folder empty in iPhoto - where r my pics?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.