Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet browsers won't work if I cose and reopen Macbook. Help?

If I have any browser open on my mac and i close the lid with the browser still open, after I return and open the lid of my Macbook the browser will not load any webpages. It just shows the loading symbol like its trying to connect to the webpage, but never does. The only way to fix it so it will load webpages is to quit the application completely and reopen it. It gets quite annoying to have to do this everytime I wake my Mac up, especially if I had a webpage up that I was using.

The internet is connected and i have no issues with internet. The problem seems to be the browsers or the Mac not 'Waking Up' Properly. Ive tried reinstalling my web browsers(Chrome, Safari, Firefox) but nothing works.

Is there anyway to make it to where the browsers will still work after I reopen and resume using the Macbook? I would like to be able to just open it up and use it how I left it without having to quit applications just to use them again.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 27, 2013 1:03 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2013 10:39 AM in response to AppleUser145

It's also not entirely uncommon for it to take a few seconds for your Mac to reconnect to your wireless router after waking from sleep. This is especially likely to be noticed if you try to launch the broswer as soon as you open it up. Among the things your system does when it sleeps is turning off the wireless. When you wake it, it should connect eventually. If it never connects, or if it takes unusually long, it may be another issue.

Internet browsers won't work if I cose and reopen Macbook. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.