Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone5 apps syncing with daughter's iPod Touch!

I purchased my daughter an iPod Touch in February. As she is a lucky 11 year old, I need control over most of the content.

I set up and maintain the iPod touch using my account on my iMac which I also use to manage my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. I created her a unique Apple ID for her iPT but she doesn't have access to the password yet. When she wants to buy an app of a song I have to approve and enter the Apple ID password.

This all works fine, but occasionally she notices that an app that I have bought will appear on her iPT, as if it is syncing with my iPhone/iPad. Also, occasionally her iPT thinks it is me or using my Apple ID - for example when messaging she appears to her contact as me!

Not ideal you will agree. Is rhere an obvious setting I need to check/uncheck or i this a common bug/glitch?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 27, 2013 1:40 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2013 12:11 PM in response to AnaMusic

That would explain it for my own iPhone and iPad as they use the same Apple ID as my iMac.

But, as stated in my initial query, "I created her a unique Apple ID on her iPT but she doesn't have access to the password yet. When she wants to buy an app or a song I have to approve and enter the Apple ID password on her iPT."

but it is also auto downloading apps I purchased on my iPhone/iPad/iMac using my own Apple ID but onto her iPT. On her iPT I have never had Automatic downloads enabled.

How is this then happening and how do I prevent it?

My iPhone5 apps syncing with daughter's iPod Touch!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.