Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded a book on ibook on my new iPad mini. It just says "downloaded" but I cannot access it. Does that mean it will not work on the ipad mini?

I downloaded a book from ibooks on my new ipad mini. Now all it says is "downloaded" but I cannot access it. It is because the download will not work on an ipad mini for some reason?

iPad 2

Posted on May 27, 2013 1:51 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2013 1:28 PM in response to SE Site

Hey there SE site!

I have a couple of suggestions for you that can help you resolve this issue. First, you will want to just try deleting the book and downloading it again. I have an article that can give you more information on downloading past purchases right here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Alternatively, if you are still seeing issues with your book after attempting to delete and redownload, you will want to report this issue to iTunes so they can look into it. The link for more information about how to do that can be found here:

How to report an issue with your iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBookstore purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1933

Hope this helps. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM in response to SE Site

Hi...I had the same issue when I updated the iOS....my purchased books just showed "downloaded" but I could not access. My solution was to go to "Purchased" and entered in the search area one of the books that was not allowing me to access...and when I did this, the book came up as downloading briefly, then went tot he book and I was able to access...and all prior purchased books were accessible. It was if the downloading feature was stuck.

Now I can read my prior purchased books. Yea!

I downloaded a book on ibook on my new iPad mini. It just says "downloaded" but I cannot access it. Does that mean it will not work on the ipad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.