Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV weird network behavior - Solved !! .. May help others...

Hy guys ... I just wanted to share my solution to a problem í've been having with my Apple TV in my home network.

I'll try to be as clear as possible, so everybody can understand.

My home network path is something like this...

I have a main routerin the office, with a cable, connecting to my sleeping room. There, I have a Switch, that connects to my main computer, that's where my iTunes and NASes are connected. The apple TV connected on that switch works flawlessly.

I have a Apple TV connected to the main router, wich works fine too.

I've set up a new home theater, and that room gets his internet connection from a cable, that goes from the main router, to a switch in the home theater room. And THAT apple TV was behaing badly in terms of accessing the iTunes home Sharing (internet connection and streaming was fine) ....

So, I've switched the cable, from the main router, to my bedroom switch, and the Apple TV starter working fine.

I don't know, haven't find anything about this topic around, but, that multiple jumps on the network made the apple TV behave strangely.

Hope this helps others !...

Bye

Rodrigo

Posted on May 27, 2013 2:46 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV weird network behavior - Solved !! .. May help others...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.