Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming 3d movies to my Samsung 3DTV using AirPort express and a wireless LAN adapter has not worked. What is my cheapest option for making this happen?

I need a transfer rate minimum of 9mbps. My AirPort express and 3DTV are on different floors, so I cannot directly connect with an ethernet cable. Can I buy an older AirPort express, use it as a bridge, and connect my TV to it via an ethernet cable?

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 27, 2013 3:54 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2013 11:28 AM in response to rockchalker

Hi rockchalker,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations, creating a roaming network is by far the best choice. This will provide the best throughput between the base stations and your Wi-Fi devices.

If you are unable to build the recommended Roaming network, then a Wirelessly Extended Network is the next best option.

For more information on this, take a look at this article:

Wi-Fi base stations: Extending the range of your wireless network by adding additional Wi-Fi base stations

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4145

Hope this helps,

Mario

Streaming 3d movies to my Samsung 3DTV using AirPort express and a wireless LAN adapter has not worked. What is my cheapest option for making this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.