Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mbox email files export

I am having some problems with my mac system, bought a new windows pc for the time being and for a change.

Every thing works very fine with this new system but there is a situation that I can't get over with.

I want to export the emails from apple mail that I used in mac laptop to outlook 2010. I have years of important emails that I cannot loose at any cost and want them in my windows pc. I found out that I am trying to export .mbox email files to outlook that supports .pst file extension.

So how can I export these .mbox emails to outlook 2010 or there is any way to convert these .mbox emails to .pst?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:52 PM

Is the mail in an imap account? That is the easiest way to transfer it. If you don't have an imap account, you can set up a gmail account and upload it. The other option is using 3rd party utilities, such as Mail Passport Pro.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

3 replies

Jun 27, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Kevin_Haney

Here are two ways to export .mbox files from Mail:

• Select multiple messages. Choose File > Save As…. In the Format: pop-up, select "Raw Message Source". The file you save will be in .mbox format.
  • Select any mailbox or multiple mailboxes (including Smart Mailboxes). Choose Mailbox > Export Mailbox…. What gets saved is a folder. Its name has an .mbox extension, but it is a folder with a custom icon, not a plain file. Inside the folder is a file named "mbox". That file is in .mbox format. (The entire folder can be re-imported into Mail, but the mbox file by itself can be imported into any e-mail program that can read mbox files.)

mbox email files export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.