Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate voice to text

Have a iPhone 4s. For some reason I can't use the voice command when I want to text someone.I us to be able to but not any longer. Siri works but when I go into my text screen my little microphone button is not activated it looks dark and not lit up like the other buttons.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2013 7:16 PM

I would turn Siri off and then Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the home button together until the apple logo appears (ignore the ON/OFF slider) then let both buttons go and wait for phone to restart (no data will be lost).

after this I would turn siri on in settings/general/siri and in settings/general/restrictions and then try again

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2013 7:16 PM in response to Benz500

I would turn Siri off and then Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the home button together until the apple logo appears (ignore the ON/OFF slider) then let both buttons go and wait for phone to restart (no data will be lost).

after this I would turn siri on in settings/general/siri and in settings/general/restrictions and then try again

How to activate voice to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.