Skip navigation

Change Desktop Background...

1593 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 7:01 PM by iGeekiHackiMatt RSS
coxorange Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 28, 2013 4:00 AM

Hi,

I have a problem: When I right-click on the desktop and click "Change Desktop Background..." this doesn't bring the "Desktop & Screen Saver" window. I have to repeat the right-click and click "Change Desktop Background..." again - then it comes. What could be the reason that I have to do it two times now instead of one time?

Many thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Finanzberater Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    May 28, 2013 4:03 AM (in response to coxorange)

It opens the Task but not the Window... funny.

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4 (2,135 points)
    May 28, 2013 4:13 AM (in response to coxorange)

That option is buggy.  You'll also notice that it'll open the first time after a reboot, but always takes two tries after it's been opened once.  I've been able to reproduce this on several models/years of macs, including ones with clean installs.

I'd report it to apple.com/feedback .

• Mini Apple Genius Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    May 29, 2013 9:46 AM (in response to coxorange)

Hi there!

first, try it one time and wait a bit (it can take some time). If it takes longer than five minutes, contact apple. If it does pop up, you might want to erase unused data or apps to your Mac to speed it up, or add more RAM. You also don't need to right-click the desktop to get there. Click on the apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen, then click System Preferences. When System Preferences opens, click on Desktop and Screen Saver.

Hope This Helps!

Mini Apple Genuis

• iGeekiHackiMatt Calculating status...
    May 31, 2013 7:01 PM (in response to coxorange)

I would like to add that if you click system preferences at the bottom it will pop up the window after pressing it once.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.