6 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 7:01 PM by iGeekiHackiMatt
coxorange Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Hi,

I have a problem: When I right-click on the desktop and click "Change Desktop Background..." this doesn't bring the "Desktop & Screen Saver" window. I have to repeat the right-click and click "Change Desktop Background..." again - then it comes. What could be the reason that I have to do it two times now instead of one time?

Many thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Finanzberater Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)

It opens the Task but not the Window... funny.

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4 (2,380 points)

That option is buggy.  You'll also notice that it'll open the first time after a reboot, but always takes two tries after it's been opened once.  I've been able to reproduce this on several models/years of macs, including ones with clean installs.

I'd report it to apple.com/feedback .

• coxorange Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Imp68 wrote:

That option is buggy.

Thanks for the confirmation.

• Mini Apple Genius Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

Hi there!

first, try it one time and wait a bit (it can take some time). If it takes longer than five minutes, contact apple. If it does pop up, you might want to erase unused data or apps to your Mac to speed it up, or add more RAM. You also don't need to right-click the desktop to get there. Click on the apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen, then click System Preferences. When System Preferences opens, click on Desktop and Screen Saver.

Hope This Helps!

Mini Apple Genuis

• coxorange Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Hi Mini Apple Genuis

Mini Apple Genius wrote:

first, try it one time and wait a bit (it can take some time). If it takes longer than five minutes, contact apple.

I tried this on all of our 4 Macs - waiting (20 minutes) did't help. Since it happens on ALL our Macs I guess it's not a problem on our end.

• iGeekiHackiMatt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I would like to add that if you click system preferences at the bottom it will pop up the window after pressing it once.