Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bonjour Service interupt shutdown/sleep

Hi,

I have windows 8 64bit, and I problem with itunes. When its open, and i try to sleep/shutdown, the computer lags and eventually does a "unexpected shutdown". Its fine when I close itunes then sleep/shutdown.

I check the event logs, and what I get at the time I try to sleep/shutdown is multiple event id 100 errors, and the messages are like "Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 15594", "Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 15594", "Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second"

I've tried reinstalling it itunes and reformatting windows and it didnt help =\

I need bonjour service and itunes for my apple tv, but its bothersome to manually turn off itunes in order to sleep/shutdown everytime, and it locks up and does an unexpected shutdown if I forgot to close itunes.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Posted on May 28, 2013 8:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2014 11:33 AM in response to reiimondo

I have had virtually the same problem but it seems to happen whether or not iTunes is started. The main manifestation is a failure to sleep, followed by the computer turning itself off (an abrupt power down that is not captured in the event logs). I have just disabled Bonjour service since I don't use the sharing features, so I hope everything will be ok from now on.

FYI, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Bonjour Service interupt shutdown/sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.