7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 9:30 PM by kcstudio
rsherid Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How can I bounce each of my tracks in Logic as WAVs and in Mono? I need a step by step guide.

• kcstudio Level 4 Level 4 (1,640 points)

Mix via an Aux bus.

Channels  -> Bus OUT -> Bus IN (Switched to MONO) -> MstrOutput set to MONO

Now bounce the Master output and you will receive  a genuine Mono audio document.

Good luck!

• Pancenter Level 6 Level 6 (8,555 points)

In addition to kc's advice..

Might want to read this chapter in the manual.

It's called  "Bouncing Your Project"

It discusses the options presented to you.

help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9.1.6/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=29%26section=0

• Mike Connelly Level 4 Level 4 (1,785 points)

Shame there's no direct option for mono bounce in the bounce window.  When I need a mono file, I usually end up bouncing stereo and then converting to mono in Soundtrack Pro.

Press the button labeled  () next to the Bounce c.q. I buttons, choose this symbol o and you'll get mono.

Mono.png

Have a nice day!

• Mike Connelly Level 4 Level 4 (1,785 points)

Great tip, thanks.

• thwipp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

All great info, and thanks guys.  I was having the same dilemma,

I am using L9, and recordign a microphone for voice overs.  My client kept telling me they wanted mono .wav files.  When I create a mono track and slect the stereo output, and click the stereo/mono symbol next to bounce so it's one circel and not two, it was still giving me stereo files.  When I bounce an mp3 the same way, the dialog box where you can name your bounce, also lets you choose mono or stereo mp3's.

But the dialog box for a .wav or .aif bounce does NOT give you the option to choose stereo or mono. So, I was always getting stereo files.

Now I tried switching my track output to a bus and, when tellling the bus to go either to a mono output L or R, or the same stereo output, I get mono files - two of them. And each file is half the volume of the original or stereo bounces.  How do we get a full volume output in mono?

Bounce format.png

Have a nice day!