Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISP Speeds drop after using Airport Extreme.

Hi

We have had numerous problems with BT over the last 18 months since moving from ADSL to their Fibre Infinity Service (Fibre to CAB - Copper from CAB to ouse).

I do not like their Home Hub 3 (Router)that comes as part of their service, and prefer for many reasons to use my Airport Extreme.

We have had over 20 engineers out due to drops in speed from 20Mb to 2MB or less. They though they had fixed it on Satuday as it was

a phone connection from the home Master phone socket. Errors stopped on the line and we were back to 21MB again. Now, three days later and havng

used the AEBS again for two of them, our line has now dropped back to 2MB.

I want a guest network, so the day after the engineer had been I changed the home hub for my AEBS. The speeds remained unchanged for 24 hours and then dropped again. However, now using the BT Home Hub again and the still have the same slow 2MB speed!!

Could there be a problem with my AEBS?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 28, 2013 10:28 AM

There are no replies.

ISP Speeds drop after using Airport Extreme.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.