Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use keychain

how do I use keychain?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 28, 2013 11:33 AM

5 replies

May 28, 2013 11:56 AM in response to SSIS

Visit a site you visit that requires you to enter a username and password. You should be prompted to save that information. Click Yes. That will create a, "keychain" for you so you do not have to re enter the password with every visit.

Keychains can be accessed in HD > Applications > Utilitites > Keychain Access

If you need help using keychains, launch Keychain Access. From the menu bar, click Help.

You can easily access passwords from Safari > Preferences > Passwords

Right or control click a website url then click Copy Password. You can then Paste the password into a password form on a website.

Jun 15, 2013 7:37 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Once I gravitated to keychain access I saw and clicked on "keychain access" for a particular name but it did not reveal the username or password. I would need that info should the keychain (somehow) fail to automatically insert that info into the accessed website or if I want to change the password info. Suggestions?

OOPS!! I didn't read your whole explanation: Safari preferences passwords. There ya go!

Jan 25, 2014 2:59 AM in response to freediverx01

I have noticed this too. I'm trying to migrate away from Roboform, but in it's current incarnation Keychain just does't cut it. there are too many Web sites where you enter the credentials and wait for prompt to save them in Keychain , and the prompt never comes.

I've moved quite a few logins over, but I can't leave Roboform until Keychain fully supports financial web sites, credit cards (including security codes from the back of the card) , and other information such as banco account, drivers license, etc.

Keychain has a long way to go.

how to use keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.