Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp 4 update to Boot camp 5 Error

Hi to all,

I have a 2011 early macbook pro 15" running 10.7.4 which is able to run windows 8 as per apple site. I am having a problem updating my boot camp 4 to boot camp 5 on my windows 8.

I intalled the windows 8 pro previously on boot camp 4 and now i can't update to boot camp 5.

Error. "boot camp require that your computer is running windows 7"

I tried to run bootcamp.msi with admin priviledge but still same error.

Setup.exe too have the same error.

User uploaded file

Any fix would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011

Posted on May 28, 2013 12:34 PM

7 replies

Jun 10, 2013 3:53 PM in response to Shid3vil

Bootcamp assistant 5 will only work on 64 bit windows 8 or 64 bit windows 7 - period!

If you're running 32 bit Windows 8, you have to download bootcamp assistant 4. version

3 or 5 won't work. Apple's grand scheme is to only support 64 bit Windows in the future. Win7

was the last 32 bit Windows that Apple will support. Bootcamp Assistant 4 is not supposed to

work with Windows 8. Apple will tell you that it was intended to only work with windows 7.

I am writing this post from 32 bit windows 8 using Bootcamp assistant 4 which is not supposed

to work, but it does. At first, Windows displayed an error screen saying that Bootcamp was

incompatible and would take a really long time to boot I replied "Run the program anyway."

If you click on help, windows will say it can't be fixed and to contact the manufacturer.

I had loaded 2 copies of Boot Camp Manager 4. Big mistake! I had to go into Task Manager Startup

and disable the second copy of Boot Camp Manager I rebooted and everything works like a charm.

So far, so good. No problems at all. I have Win8 configured so that I run everything from the Desktop

and ignore the start screen completely. I don't know if that makes any difference? My Win8 boots

up in 10 seconds, (SSD), and shuts down almost instantly. That alone makes it worth the price

of admission.

Boot camp 4 update to Boot camp 5 Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.