Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What addin cards should I look for for an Apple IIGS?

I recently received an Apple IIGS and I'm curious what I could get.

It currently has between 400K and 500K of RAM. I know it needs a new battery because it keeps loosing settings.

I have one 5.25 inch floppy drive and one 3.5 inch floppy drive.

Any place where I can buy some games/software and cards? Even blanks disks (I have a Power Macintosh 6100/60 with System 7.6.1 that I think can write Apple II formatted disks).

Apple IIGS-OTHER, Other OS, Applesoft BASIC

Posted on May 28, 2013 2:39 PM

4 replies

May 29, 2013 6:29 AM in response to ImageJPEG

You will want to get some more menory; the 1MB card that fits in the auxiliary memory slot is very common. Other cards like 4MB expanders are sometimes available, but expect to pay a premium when they do pop up on auction sites. Which is also the answer to your question about "where to buy" in general...

You will probably want to get on the list for a CFFA3000 card.

And of course a new battery will be helpful - you might want to do a little surgery and replace that expensive battery with a double AA holder from your local electronics retailer.

You'll want to take a look at ADTPro and associated serial cabling for transfering disk images you might find on the wider Internet - which is probably simpler than doing the imaging on the 6100, but that's really down to personal preference.

A large and dedicated Apple II following is available on the comp.sys.apple2 newsgroup.

What addin cards should I look for for an Apple IIGS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.