Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a wifi network

I created a wi-fi network and now want to delete it. I did the usual - system preferences>network>advanced>choose network>click "-" to delete. The network is no longer listed in my network preferences, but the wi-fi connection is still running. Can anyone tell me how to properly delete the network? Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on May 28, 2013 2:45 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2013 5:57 PM in response to jo54

Thanks for the idea... I did what you suggested and the result is as you explained. However, the problem is that I'm afraid someone is using my Internet connection to upload (my bill for uploading is and download huge files, so I've created a new wi-fi network and want to delete the old one so that it is no longer available. Is this not possible?

Deleting a wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.