Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs are playing partially

I am having problems with Itunes on my Iphone 5, Itouch and Ipods. The songs cutoff mid-song and will not play entire songs.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 28, 2013 5:13 PM

2 replies

May 31, 2013 6:07 AM in response to ToddBaum

Hey ToddBaum,

I found the following resource that may provide more information:

Songs in iTunes may not play back completely

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4357

Occasionally, if a song purchased from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC was not downloaded completely, the song may not play back fully. The song may abruptly stop during playback, and iTunes may start playing the next song in your library or playlist.

Resolution

If iTunes in the Cloud is available in your country, try the following steps to resolve the issue:

- Delete the purchased song that is exhibiting the problem from your iTunes library.

- Click on the Purchased link in the iTunes Store to view your previously purchased music.

- Download your previously purchased song from this list.

Once you have redownloaded the music, you'll want to replace what is on your device with the new music. I would advise you to uncheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes (so there is ultimately no music syncing to your iPod touch).

User uploaded file

Once you have done that, recheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes once more. This will instruct iTunes to completely remove all music from your device, and then copy the files once more. If you have a large amount of music, this initial sync may take a while.

For information on songs that skip, see this resource:

Troubleshooting songs that skip

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3217

Thanks,

Matt M.

songs are playing partially

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.